Summary re our mailing lists:
We will not give or sell your contact details to any third party, nor use them for any purpose other than to send you our relatively low volume updates, and any major announcements relating to Bernadette’s work. Your information is is currently stored and processed locally on an encrypted computer. If you wish to either be removed from the list, or change between ‘all’ and ‘workshops only’ categories, please follow the instructions at the foot of every email or contact us
In-Rhythm is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
In-Rhythm may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy was last updated May 25th, 2018 (minor clarifications only).
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- contact information including email address and, for groups, workshops and events, telephone number
- a record of which of our pre-booked courses, workshops and events you have attended
- demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- other information relevant to surveys and/or offers
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided. We will only do this if you have asked to join an appropriate list.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about webpage traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate which (if any) of our lists you would like to join for direct information/marketing purposes
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct information/marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by following the instructions at the foot of any of our promotional emails, emailing us using this form, or at the email address published on our printed materials, or writing to us at the postal address above.
- if you request removal from our regular mailing lists, your details will initially be moved from the current list to a temporary ‘deleted’ list, on the basis that your primary intention is to no longer receive our emails. You may however request that your details be removed entirely from our mailing database at this point.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may very occasionally use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting.
You may at any time:
- request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act(s) currently in force. A small fee may be payable.
- request that we make changes to the information we hold to ensure that it is accurate and up to date. If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please contact us as soon as possible – we will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
- ask that we delete your information if we do not have a good cause to retain it; or
- otherwise object to the way in which we use your information.
If you wish to exercise any of these rights, or if you have any questions about our use of your information, please email us using this form, or write to us at the address above. You also have a right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office or other appropriate regulatory authority in relation to your information held by us, and how we use it (contact details can be found here https://ico.org.uk/).
We are required to request your contact details, in case required by NHS Test & Trace. You can choose on booking to give us permission to share your your contact details for this purpose – if not, you be asked on arrival to either scan the NHS QR code or provide contact details manually. It is not currently compulsory to provide this information, but is strongly recommended.
If we are requested to share our class records, you would then be contacted by NHS Test and Trace. Depending on the circumstances and the length of time that has elapsed, this could include arranging for you to be tested, asking you to take extra care with social distancing and/or – in some circumstances – asking you to self-isolate.
This remains in full compliance with GDPR – the information will not be used for any other purpose, and will be deleted after 21 days. These details are handled completely separately from your billing details for payment, which are transferred securely to PayPal for payment purposes only.
IMPORTANT: This ‘addendum’ is intended to be helpful to those booking our classes and workshops, and we shall attempt to keep it up to date, but it should not be regarded as authoritative, as the situation and regulations change. Please check the Government website for any updates before taking any action based on this.
The information contained in this website is for general information purposes only. The information is provided by In-Rhythm and while we endeavour to keep the information up to date and correct, we make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to the website or the information, products, services, or related graphics contained on the website for any purpose. Any reliance you place on such information is therefore strictly at your own risk.
In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.
Through this website you are able to link to other websites which are not under the control of In-Rhythm. We have no control over the nature, content and availability of those sites. The inclusion of any links does not necessarily imply a recommendation or endorse the views expressed within them.
Every effort is made to keep the website up and running smoothly. However, In-Rhythm takes no responsibility for, and will not be liable for, the website being temporarily unavailable due to technical issues beyond our control.
© Bernadette Ryder/In-Rhythm 2000 – 2022. All rights reserved. This website and its content is copyright of Bernadette Ryder t/a In-Rhythm, and other copyright owners where indicated with their permission or, for library images, under non-transferable commercial licence. Any redistribution or reproduction of part or all of the contents in any form is prohibited other than the following:
- you may print or download to a local hard disk extracts for your personal and non-commercial use only
- you may copy the content to individual third parties for their personal use, but only if you acknowledge the website as the source of the material
You may not, except with our express written permission, distribute or commercially exploit the content. Nor may you transmit it or store it in any other website or other form of electronic retrieval system.
Site Design: Bernadette Ryder & Jon Ralls, with additional advice from TinCat Design
Site Development: Jon Ralls, wwwolf
Bespoke Video content & stills: Bernadette Ryder (Director), Andrew Hassenruck (Editor), Jon Ralls (Producer), Ronit Meranda (Camera); Music & Dancers see end credits – thank you all!
Booking terms & conditions
Workshops, courses and events
- Terms and conditions may vary for different workshops/events, so please always read the pages and/or promotional material applicable to each. In particular, we occasionally host workshops taught by other teachers, in which case our terms and conditions may not be applicable.
- We reserve the right to change terms and conditions at any time – the applicable version is that posted at the time when you place your booking, or when we accept and acknowledge your booking if they have changed in the interim and we have agreed the changes with you. (Subsequent changes will only apply retrospectively if notified and agreed with you.)
Please see: booking terms & conditions for open/drop-in classes.