About the workshop
With yourself, both body and heart; With each other – in friendship and love; With the freedom and liberation in the dance; With nature’s elements so powerfully present on the Gower Peninsula.
Dates: Wed June 30 – Sun July 4, 2021
Times: 6pm Wed – Noon Sun (T.B.C.)
Venue: Rhossili, Gower Coast, S. Wales (see below)
Prices: £350 +food/accomm (below)
Booking: £100 deposit, online
Format: 4/5 day Residential
Prices, booking & payment
Tuition: £350 (flat rate)
Accommodation & food
All meals & refreshments: £155 per module
Healthy sustaining vegetarian food from Cafe Momo.
(Note: price includes use of shared facilities at the venue)
Bunkhouse accommodation: £125.00 per room (4 nights)
Rooms accommodate 2 or 3 people, and participants will be assisted to form ‘bubbles’ in advance of the workshop, for room sharing.
Booking & payment
Booking deposit: £100 (via PayPal or bank transfer)
secures your place.
Booking & payment details
The balance of tuition, food and accommodation is payable, by bank transfer or cash, immediately on confirmation that we are able to go ahead (likely 2-3 weeks before). (Amount determined by your accommodation arrangements.)
In line with our usual Terms & Conditions:
– if we are forced to cancel (e.g. due to covid regulations), moneys paid will be refunded in full, or rolled forward to a future booking (at your option);
– if you cancel, we regret that your deposit is non-refundable, due to the the level of financial commitment involved in setting up residential workshops.
– non-payment of balance may result in your place being offered to someone on the waiting list, as our numbers are very limited, and the timescales short.
There are no formal prerequisites for this workshop, but it is recommended that you have attended at least a few drop-in classes with an accredited 5 Rhythms Teacher beforehand. Related ecstatic dance practices such as Movement Medicine, Soul Motion and Open Floor are also helpful, as are other practices which bring focus to movement, attention and breath, such as yoga.
COVID-19: All participants will be required to either:
– show evidence of vaccination; or
– have a ‘non-positive rapid test result’, ideally 3 days beforehand, and on arrival.
Rhossili Village Hall & Bunkhouse
Middleton, Rhossili, Swansea SA3 1PL
The dance hall is light and spacious, with a natural wood floor.
This workshop is residential; we strongly encourage you to stay ‘onsite’, ideally in the bunkhouse.
more on accommodation
- Shared accommodation: The Bunkhouse is comfortable and inexpensive (5* ‘Excellent’ on Google reviews). Bunkrooms are simply furnished, each sleeping 2 or 3 people (subject to current restrictions) in single beds and solid wood bunk beds, fixed to the wall for stability. There are showers on each floor, a lounge/dining room and kitchen.
- Room allocations will be discussed and, if sharing is permitted, preferences accommodated as far as possible.
- Single rooms: If sharing is permitted, some rooms may still be requested for one, on payment of a single supplement*.
- Staying nearby: This is a residential workshop, but for those requiring greater comfort/privacy, there are other options, including lovely cottages and a local B&B very close by [links below]. Please note: * EVERYTHING IS HEAVILY BOOKED * (a) you will have to be within walking distance; (b) you will need to book early – in this beautiful place, they will book up; (c) you will still pay a contribution for daytime use of the facilities * Please speak with us first! *
* Note re single supplements: If we are full, or nearly so, you will be guaranteed a twin room (share with no more than one other) and the bulk of your supplement refunded (subject to discussion re covid-safety).
Rhossili Village Hall and Bunkhouse is run by Trustees for the benefit of the local community.
The ‘board and lodging’ cost includes three meals a day from Wednesday dinner through to Sunday breakfast, plus healthy snacks, fruit and teas in between.
more about food
We are delighted to be working with the celebrated Café Momo, who have many years’ experience providing healthy, nutritious and sustaining vegetarian/vegan food at conscious dance and other workshops.
Specific dietary requirements can usually be catered for by prior arrangement.
Travel & local info/resources
Click on a heading for info and links:
CAR – * RECOMMENDED *
IF POSSIBLE PLEASE CAR-SHARE, IDEALLY WITH YOUR ACCOMMODATION ‘BUBBLE’ 🙂
Rhossili is about 2 hours drive from Bristol, along the M4 to Swansea, then along the south side of the Gower Peninsula. The postcode for SatNavs is SA3 1PL, but on Google Maps it’s more precise if you search for ‘Rhossili Bunkhouse’.
[Google map in new tab]
The Car Park has space for around 10 vehicles (a couple more if they are all parked considerately).
TRAIN/BUS – direct trains to Swansea:
There are direct trains from Bristol, Cardiff and London to Swansea. There it’s a 15 minute walk (or short hop on a local bus) from rail station to bus station, then an hour’s bus ride right to the door of the venue (make sure you get off at the Village Hall, don’t go all the way to Worm’s Head!) Alternatively, you can probably arrange for someone who’s driving to pick you up at Swansea 🙂
National Rail website
Bus route Swansea-Rhossili
FLIGHTS – direct to Cardiff and Bristol:
* IN CURRENT REALITY, CALL TO DISCUSS BEFORE BOOKING FLIGHTS FROM ANYWHERE! *
There are flights direct to Cardiff and Bristol airports from many European cities and even farther afield. (If you have to fly to one of the London airports, you might want to arrive in the UK a day or two before, or you will have very long day travelling!)
Other local info/resources
5 Rhythms Teacher Training
This workshop fulfils the requirements for the Waves hours prerequisites for those on the Teaching path – please let us know if this is your intention, so we can ensure that everything is correctly documented, and that you are aware of any specific detailed requirements.
Landscape images are either Open Government Licence, or by kind permission of Gower Holidays; others courtesy of Bryn Davies, Daniel Tomlinson, Davies-Hughes & Sons Eco-Buildings & bespoke woodwork (hand-carved gate) and Rhossili Village Hall & Bunkhouse, public domain or ©In-Rhythm. Details available on request.