* HIDDEN *
2020/21 WORKSHOP SERIES
“Journey to the Heart”
Full details including NEW dates & prices
NOTE: requirement to attend all four has been removed 🙂
Open Classes (formerly ‘drop-in)
*** NEXT CLASS DEC 4 ***
No need for any experience, just book online and come along – if you are not familiar with the 5 Rhythms (or even if you are!) check out “about the 5 Rhythms“.
You can join us ‘live’ at the venue (or on Zoom when classes are also ‘livestreamed’).
(At the end of the class, we usually have an informal ‘after cafe’, to chill out together over healthy, delicious teas and nibbles – this remains suspended, but will resume as soon as we can).
Our weekly Friday night open classes vary somewhat over the course of the month – in particular including:
5 Rhythms Fundamentals
First Friday of every month
In these classes the teaching will include more detail about the basic form of the rhythms, their innate nature and character, plus their origin and evolution. This is not only useful for beginners… it’s really helpful for the rest of us too!
Sweat Your Prayers®
Last Friday of every month
A guided warm-up then a wave with no words, simply moving through the 5 Rhythms with music as our guide.
Drop-in classes are rarely if ever cancelled – if Bernadette is away, we dance with other fabulous teachers – recent guests have included Andrew Holmes, Dawn Morgan, Jean Rankin, Jessica Howie & Neil Pinnock. The ONLY week we take a break is between Xmas & New Year.
For more information, please see:
- What to bring, wear, do, avoid.
- Dates & times & how to get there.
- Dancing at Horfield Parish Church Hall (incl covid guidelines).
- Joining a Zoom ‘livestream’.
- Book a Friday class (at the venue or online)
- Covid-19 – the importance of ‘moving with this’…
Bernadette is also invited to teach classes outside Bristol when the regular teachers are away – see Dates & times for details.
“Rhythm Circle” – our ongoing weekly closed group
A closed group that gathers weekly in Bristol on Monday evenings, to connect and support one another to drop deeper in the dance and expand the experience, comprehension and embodiment of the profound 5 Rhythms map.
The Rhythm Circle runs in ‘terms’ of approx 10-12 weeks. There are approx 20 places – at the beginning of each ‘term’, if anyone drops out, their place will be offered to those on the waiting list (contact Jon to join it).
Our next term runs Sept – Dec 2020
(contact Jon to join the waiting list and receive an invitation).
This group has continued to dance together on Zoom right through Lockdown, and to our amazement, it has been quite extraordinary – full, deep and juicy – with a lovely mix (as ever) of continuity, former members returning, and new energy from people joining for the first time. Thank you all, it’s just awesome 🙂
We’re back dancing ‘in the flesh’ in a fab new venue!
[Current term (Sept-Dec) now FULL]
If you have a confirmed place, but have still to complete payment, please go to:
To make a payment, please go to:
If you already have a confirmed place, and are completing payment, please go to:
- Rhythm Circle 2020 – join/renew online.
Renewals are now open for next term – current members please see:
Rhythm Circle 2020 – renew online
- To receive an invitation to (re)join, please contact Jon if you are not already on the waiting list.
If you’re interested in joining us, read on…
Find out more…
- What’s so special about Rhythm Circle? – a blog post on what to expect;
- Read a transcript of the video here;
- See Dates & Times for dates, prices, venue and availability;
- Come and chat at the end of a Friday class, or contact:
Bernadette (process), or Jon (practicals) 🙂
- Rhythm Circle 2020 – join online, or
- Contact Jon to join waiting list for future terms. (or to apply for any last minute places if advertised!)
Thank you! X