5 Rhythms in Bristol over Holiday Period
Jan 3rd – New Year Lift-Off (drop-in) – ‘dance as you mean to go on’ – join
us getting the year off to a positive and visionary start 🙂
Jan 7th (Tues) – Rhythm Circle weekly ongoing closed group restarts
(about Rhythm Circle, incl how to join)
2020/21 WORKSHOP SERIES
“Journey to the Heart”
Full details of new dates and format here
Note: the requirement to attend all four has been removed 🙂
Weekly 5 Rhythms Classes & Groups in Bristol
Drop-in Classes (all welcome)
CURRENTLY SUSPENDED BUT WE HOPE TO BE ABLE TO RESTART FAIRLY SOON – JOIN OUR MAILING LIST FOR FREE ‘ONLINE WAVES’ AND TO BE NOTIFIED AS SOON AS WE’RE BACK IN A PHYSICAL SPACE 🙂
Dates: Weekly on a Friday night, all year round
Times: 8pm* – 10:30pm
Price: £14 / £12 / £10 conc
* Please note:
– (Once restarted) Classes are held every Friday throughout the year – the only exception being the week between Xmas and New Year. For details of any guest teachers and special classes, join our mailing list.
– and finally… Covid-19 – the importance of ‘moving with this’…
Guest teachers in 2020:
Jan 31 – Andrew Holmes
Feb 14 – Dawn Morgan
Feb 21 – Jean Rankin
Feb 28 – Jessica Howie
[Apr 24 – Neil Pinnock – cancelled 🙁 ]
(how lucky are we?!? 🙂 )
And t.b.c. later in the year, there will be guests on (at least) these dates…
Sept 18, Nov 6
Many thanks to our Guest teachers in 2019 & 2018 who included:
Alex Mackay, Andrew Holmes, Dawn Morgan, Dean Kayum, Jean Rankin, Jessica Howie, Neil Pinnock, Reem Behzad.
* Note: unless otherwise stated, guest teacher classes are generally not ‘Sweat Your Prayers®’ or ‘Fundamentals’, even if they fall on those dates. See…
“Rhythm Circle” – a weekly ongoing closed group
Weekly on a Tuesday night – pre-booking per term essential.
Tuesday sessions run in three ‘terms’ and USUALLY stop for the summer.
Our EXTRA term started in mid July:
Term dates: July 21 – Sept 1 *
(*5 sessions with 2 breaks – dates t.b.c.)
Initially: Online (currently on Zoom)
When permitted: [t.b.c.]
Times: 8pm – 10:30pm
Price: £50 (£40 conc) membership, for participation in both online and studio sessions (if/when possible).
To renew (existing members) or sign up (from waiting list):
- Booking: Rhythm Circle 2020 – join/renew online.
To find out more:
- About the Rhythm Circle ongoing closed group;
- Blog post: What’s so special about Tuesdays?
- Contact Jon (re practicalities/payment or to be notified when spaces become available).
Next time, we plan to run a longer course, probably in two or three ‘terms’, in an extended format of up to 18 sessions (plus ongoing informal meet-ups in between!)
– as before, 4 hours each, Mondays 10am-2pm.
Please see the Awakening the Creative-Self page for more details and to join the mailing list for this course.
(The last course was full and fabulous – thank you everyone in our gorgeous group!)
Classes outside Bristol
Bernadette also teaches classes outside Bristol, by invitation when the regular teacher is away, and at Festivals and Summer Schools – recent and upcoming dates include:
For example, 2018 dates included:
March 26 – Glastonbury (Jean Rankin’s “Dance Your Dream Awake”)
April 14 – Tufnell Park, London (Sue Rickards’ “A Call to Dance”)
April 18 – Exeter (“Barefoot Dance”)
May 13 – Spirit Fest, Bristol
May 22 – Exeter (“Barefoot Dance”)
June 25 – Glastonbury (Jean Rankin’s “Dance Your Dream Awake”)
Aug 8-12 – Tribe of Doris Summer School
Dec 5 – Exeter (“Barefoot Dance”)
Hamilton House can be found within the heart of Stokes Croft, just 10 minutes walk from Bristol City centre. It is opposite Turbo Island, on the junction of Stokes Croft, Jamaica Street and City Road.
[Google map link here]
Workshop & Events Calendar
Workshops, events, programmes, guest teachers and more…
To keep up to date – join our mailing list.
- This week’s “Online Wave”
in your own time, or together on ZoomDear Dancers, Here is your link to dance this week’s Online Wave (below). This week: On MixCloud as usual– and ‘Zoom’ space to dance it together (free) Friday – 7:45 for 8pm, ...
- Zoom space to dance this week’s Online Wave together
*REGISTER HERE*We’re still unsure when we’ll dancing in a studio/hall again, so meantime here’s a chance to see, and dance with (and optionally share at the end with) folks you might ...
- “Journey to the Heart” 2020/21
5 Rhythms Workshop Series
NEW DATES – NEW FORMATCLICK HERE FOR NEW DATESMORE DETAILS TO BE ADDED SOON BOOK ONLINE NOW Dear Beautiful Dancing Beings “Journey to the Heart”– with Bernadette Ryder 5 Rhythms Residential Workshop Series, Rhossili, S Wales, 2020/21 Exciting news ...
- DMAC Dance studios Closed
5 Rhythms classes suspendedUPDATE: We invite you to dance in your own space with our Lockdown Waves.Join Our Mailing List to keep up to date. Dear Bristol 5 Rhythms Dancers You will not be surprised to ...
- Covid-19: The importance of ‘moving with this’UPDATE: Bristol 5 Rhythms classes are now temporarily suspended.We invite you to dance in your own space with our Lockdown Waves.Join Our Mailing List to keep up to date. Dear Bristol 5 ...
- What’s so special about Tuesdays?5 Rhythms is an enormously powerful practice – and even just as an evening class, people love it, and benefit greatly from it 🙂 … and, as Bernadette explains in ...