5 Rhythms in Bristol over Holiday Period
Jan 3rd – New Year Lift-Off (drop-in) – ‘dance as you mean to go on’ – join
us getting the year off to a positive and visionary start 🙂
Jan 7th (Tues) – Rhythm Circle weekly ongoing closed group restarts
(about Rhythm Circle, incl how to join)
2020/21 WORKSHOP SERIES
“Journey to the Heart”
Full details of new dates and format here
Note: the requirement to attend all four has been removed 🙂
Weekly 5 Rhythms Classes & Groups in Bristol
Friday Classes (all welcome)
RESTARTED SEPT 4 – Pre-booked only
click here to book online
Dates: Weekly on a Friday night, all year round – pre-booking essential
Times: 8:30pm – 10:30pm
Venue: Horfield Parish Church Hall, Wellington Hill, BS7 (see below)
AND: Simultaneous Online ‘Livestream’ on Zoom
Price: £14 / £12 / £10 conc
Booking: You can book up to 4 weeks ahead – BOOK NOW
* Please note:
– Classes are held every Friday throughout the year – the only exception being the week between Xmas and New Year, and one week in each of spring and autumn (t.b.c.). For details of any guest teachers and special classes, join our mailing list.
Guest teachers in 2020:
Jan 31 – Andrew Holmes
Feb 14 – Dawn Morgan
Feb 21 – Jean Rankin
Feb 28 – Jessica Howie
[Apr 24 – Neil Pinnock – cancelled 🙁 ]
(how lucky are we?!? 🙂 )
And t.b.c. later in the year, there will be guests on (at least) these dates…
Many thanks to our Guest teachers in 2019 & 2018 who included:
Alex Mackay, Andrew Holmes, Dawn Morgan, Dean Kayum, Jean Rankin, Jessica Howie, Neil Pinnock, Reem Behzad.
* Note: unless otherwise stated, guest teacher classes are generally not ‘Sweat Your Prayers®’ or ‘Fundamentals’, even if they fall on those dates. See…
“Rhythm Circle” – a weekly ongoing closed group
Weekly on a Monday night – pre-booking per term essential.
Monday sessions run in three ‘terms’ and USUALLY stop for the summer.
Our next term starts in September:
Term dates: Sept 14 – Dec 14 (no session Nov 9) *
Times: 7:30pm – 10pm [t.b.c]
Price: £156 (£130 conc) membership for 13 sessions.
To renew (existing members) or sign up (from waiting list):
- Booking: [opens soon]
To find out more:
- About the Rhythm Circle ongoing closed group;
- Blog post: What’s so special about Rhythm Circle?
- Contact Jon (re practicalities/payment or to be notified when spaces become available).
Next time, we plan to run a longer course, probably in two or three ‘terms’, in an extended format of up to 18 sessions (plus ongoing informal meet-ups in between!)
– as before, 4 hours each, Mondays 10am-2pm.
Please see the Awakening the Creative-Self page for more details and to join the mailing list for this course.
(The last course was full and fabulous – thank you everyone in our gorgeous group!)
Classes outside Bristol
Bernadette also teaches classes outside Bristol, by invitation when the regular teacher is away, and at Festivals and Summer Schools – recent and upcoming dates include:
For example, 2018 dates included:
March 26 – Glastonbury (Jean Rankin’s “Dance Your Dream Awake”)
April 14 – Tufnell Park, London (Sue Rickards’ “A Call to Dance”)
April 18 – Exeter (“Barefoot Dance”)
May 13 – Spirit Fest, Bristol
May 22 – Exeter (“Barefoot Dance”)
June 25 – Glastonbury (Jean Rankin’s “Dance Your Dream Awake”)
Aug 8-12 – Tribe of Doris Summer School
Dec 5 – Exeter (“Barefoot Dance”)
Our venue for Friday open classes is:
Horfield Parish Church Hall
43, Wellington Hill,
Horfield, Bristol, BS7 8ST
(just off Gloucester Road)
The hall is in a beautiful green and spacious area – peaceful with mature trees, and plenty of fresh air. It is spacious with a lovely high ceiling, plenty of good ventilation, and a gorgeous fully sprung wooden dance floor.
You’ll find more about getting there on the Friday Class Booking Page.
Our venue for Monday ‘Rhythm Circle’ closed group is:
St Matthews Church Hall
Cotham, Bristol, BS6 5TP
(entrance on Clare Road)
The hall is in a lovely quiet residential area just 5 minutes up the hill from Stokes Croft/Gloucester Road. It is the lower half of the church itself, recently refurbished, with good quality soft vinyl flooring.
Workshop & Events Calendar
Workshops, events, programmes, guest teachers and more…
To keep up to date – join our mailing list.
- The Dance Goes On
(Thanks be to all Gods)Dear Dancers, We are happy – and extremely relieved – to be able to say that the new regulations in England of having no more than six in a social gathering ...
- Fridays – We’re back, we’re LIVE – and in a fantastic new venueBernadette’s Friday 5 Rhythms restarts Sept 4 Naturally, we adapt to fit the current regulations so our numbers will be restricted for the time being, and it’s pre-booking only. book early ...
- What’s so special about Rhythm Circle?5 Rhythms is an enormously powerful practice – and even just as an evening class, people love it, and benefit greatly from it 🙂 … and, as Bernadette explains in ...
- “Journey to the Heart” 2020/21
5 Rhythms Workshop Series
NEW DATES – NEW FORMATCLICK HERE FOR NEW DATESMORE DETAILS TO BE ADDED SOON BOOK ONLINE NOW Dear Beautiful Dancing Beings “Journey to the Heart”– with Bernadette Ryder 5 Rhythms Residential Workshop Series, Rhossili, S Wales, 2020/21 Exciting news ...
- Covid-19: The importance of ‘moving with this’UPDATE: Bristol 5 Rhythms classes are now re-starting on Sept 4th, in a fantastic new venue!See this announcement.Join Our Mailing List to keep up to date. Dear Bristol 5 Rhythms Community We believe ...