5 Rhythms in Bristol over Holiday Period
Jan 3rd – New Year Lift-Off (drop-in) – ‘dance as you mean to go on’ – join
us getting the year off to a positive and visionary start 🙂
Jan 7th (Tues) – Rhythm Circle weekly ongoing closed group restarts
(about Rhythm Circle, incl how to join)
2020/21 WORKSHOP SERIES
“Journey to the Heart”
Full details of new dates and format here
Note: the requirement to attend all four has been removed 🙂
Weekly 5 Rhythms Classes & Groups in Bristol
Friday Classes (all welcome)
Dates: Weekly on a Friday night, all year round – pre-booking essential
Times: 8:30pm – 10:30pm
Venue: Horfield Parish Church Hall, Wellington Hill, BS7
(IMPORTANT – GETTING THERE – SEE BELOW)
Price: £14 / £12 / £10 conc
Booking: You can book up to 4 weeks ahead – BOOK NOW
* Please note:
– Classes are held every Friday throughout the year – the only exception being the week between Xmas and New Year, and one week in each of spring and autumn (t.b.c.). For details of any guest teachers and special classes, join our mailing list.
Guest teachers in 2020:
Jan 31 – Andrew Holmes
Feb 14 – Dawn Morgan
Feb 21 – Jean Rankin
Feb 28 – Jessica Howie
[Apr 24 – Neil Pinnock – cancelled 🙁 ]
(how lucky are we?!? 🙂 )
Many thanks to our Guest teachers in 2019 & 2018 who included:
Alex Mackay, Andrew Holmes, Dawn Morgan, Dean Kayum, Jean Rankin, Jessica Howie, Neil Pinnock, Reem Behzad.
* Note: unless otherwise stated, guest teacher classes are generally not ‘Sweat Your Prayers®’ or ‘Fundamentals’, even if they fall on those dates. See…
“Rhythm Circle” – a weekly ongoing closed group
Weekly on a Thursday night – pre-booking per term essential.
The group runs in three ‘terms’ of approximately 12 sessions and USUALLY stops for the summer.
Our next term starts in April:
Term dates: April 15 – July 15 (13 sessions, break July 1)
Venue: St Michael’s Parish Hall, Park Ln, Bristol BS2 8BE
Times: 7:30pm – 10pm
Price: £156 (£130 conc) membership for 13 sessions.
To renew (existing members) or sign up (from waiting list):
- Booking: [registration open here]
To find out more:
- About the Rhythm Circle ongoing closed group;
- Blog post: What’s so special about Rhythm Circle?
- Contact Jon (re practicalities/payment or to be notified when spaces become available).
Next time, we plan to run a longer course, probably in two or three ‘terms’, in an extended format of up to 18 sessions (plus ongoing informal meet-ups in between!)
– as before, 4 hours each, Mondays 10am-2pm.
Please see the Awakening the Creative-Self page for more details and to join the mailing list for this course.
(The last course was full and fabulous – thank you everyone in our gorgeous group!)
Classes outside Bristol
Bernadette also teaches classes outside Bristol, by invitation when the regular teacher is away, and at Festivals and Summer Schools – recent and upcoming dates include:
For example, 2018 dates included:
March 26 – Glastonbury (Jean Rankin’s “Dance Your Dream Awake”)
April 14 – Tufnell Park, London (Sue Rickards’ “A Call to Dance”)
April 18 – Exeter (“Barefoot Dance”)
May 13 – Spirit Fest, Bristol
May 22 – Exeter (“Barefoot Dance”)
June 25 – Glastonbury (Jean Rankin’s “Dance Your Dream Awake”)
Aug 8-12 – Tribe of Doris Summer School
Dec 5 – Exeter (“Barefoot Dance”)
Our venue for Friday open classes:
The hall is in a beautiful green and spacious area – peaceful with mature trees, and plenty of fresh air. It is spacious with a lovely high ceiling, plenty of good ventilation, and a gorgeous fully sprung wooden dance floor.
Horfield Parish Church HALL
43, Wellington Hill,
Horfield, Bristol, BS7 8ST
(just off Gloucester Road)
The Parish Church HALL is on the LEFT side of Wellington Hill as you come up from Gloucester Road.
(The postcode alone will take you to the wrong place – to the church, not the hall!)
Our venue for Thursday ‘Rhythm Circle’ closed group is:
St Michael’s Parish Hall
Park Ln, Bristol BS2 8BE
The hall is located on St Michaels Hill very near to the centre of Bristol. It is only a 10 minute walk from the City Centre and easily accessible via bus. We have exclusive access to the playground immediately below the hall for easy parking.
Workshop & Events Calendar
Workshops, events, programmes, guest teachers and more…
To keep up to date – join our mailing list.
- Spring Wave 3 *LATEST*Dear Beautiful Dancers, May Day tomorrow – with all kinds of associations, ancient and modern, and traditionally a lot of dancing. And it’s also about the co-creative power of community and ...
- ‘Reconnecting’ Residential 5 Rhythms WorkshopDear Beautiful Dancers, Rhossili, The Gower, S. Wales, June 30 – July 4, 2021 Reconnecting is offered as support as we emerge from this period of isolation and separation. It is the ...
- Spring Wave 2Dear Beautiful Dancers, Spring Wave 2 The sun is out, the sky is blue, the crows have (mostly) stopped bickering over important twigs… and here is your Spring Wave 2: Whether you take ...
- What’s so special about Rhythm Circle?5 Rhythms is an enormously powerful practice – and even just as an evening class, people love it, and benefit greatly from it 🙂 … and, as Bernadette explains in ...
- Covid-19: The importance of ‘moving with this’UPDATE: (This is quite an old post, but still relevant, so we’ve left it in place…) Bristol 5 Rhythms classes restarted thru Sept/Oct, in a fantastic new venue, where they will resume ...